The Zombie Survival Guide , written by American author Max Brooks and published in 2003, is a survival manual dealing with the fictional potentiality of a zombie attack. It contains detailed plans for the average citizen to survive zombie uprisings of varying intensity and reach, and describes “cases” of zombie outbreaks in history, including an interpretation ofRoanoke Colony . The Zombie Survival Guide was featured on the New York Times Best Seller’s list.  Brooks’ inspiration for The Zombie Survival Guide to his zombies, sparked by the first zombie movie, circa age 10:Revenge of the Zombies (1943). 
The book is divided into six separate chapters, followed by a list of fictional stories throughout history and an appendix. The first chapter, “The Undead: Myths and Realities”, Solanum outlines, a fictional and incurable virus that creates a zombie, along with details on how it is spread (such as through an open wound, or contact with infected blood or saliva) and treatment of the infected (such as suicide or amputation of the injured limb, though the latter rarely works). The zombies, movie zombies, and zombies created by Solanum.
In subsequent chapters, the book describes weapons and combat techniques, places of safety, and how to survive a zombie-infested world. In the section describing weapons, Brooks writes about the human body: “If cared for and trained properly, is the greatest weapon on earth”.  The guide concludes with a fictional list of zombie encounters throughout history. The oldest entry is 60,000 BC, in Katanda , Central Africa, the author expresses doubt about its validity. Instead, he presents evidence from 3,000 BC in Ancient Egypt as the first verifiable instance of a zombie outbreak. The most recent entry is 2002, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands . Some of these encounters make reference to historical events, such asRoanoke Island .
This is a sample “outbreak diary”: the author notes covered-up zombie outbreaks on the local news and the preparations he recommends in the event that the outbreak worsens. The following pages are blank entries, for the reader to use as a basis for his or her own notes on surviving zombies.
Random House released a deck of flash cards containing the same information as the book. It was released on July 22, 2008. 
Random House published The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks , a tie-in comic written by Brooks. This book highlights some of the recorded attacks, but not all. It was released on October 6, 2008.   Brazilian artist Ibraim Roberson illustrated the book. 
The Zombie Survival Guide , The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks , and World War Z have been confirmed as live-action films .   Brad Pitt , Who stars in World War Z , aussi confirmed que la Producing studio, Paramount, HAS aussi beens Given rights to The Zombie Survival Guide and The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks and are schedule we Adapting Both of them as movies after World War Z is released.  World War ZWas released in theaters on June 21, 2013,  The Zombie Survival Guide andThe Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks Currently-have no release date set. 
- Zombies in popular culture
- Jump up^ “The Zombie Survival Guide” . Random House . Retrieved 2009-02-15 .
- Jump up^ “Best Sellers.” . The New York Times, March 21, 2010.
- Jump up^ Knowles, Harry. “Max Brooks and Quint discuss his ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE follow-up novel, WORLD WAR Z !!!” . Is not It Cool News . Retrieved 3 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ Brooks, Max (2003). The Zombie Survival Guide . Google Books . p. 30.
- Jump up^ “The Zombie Survival Guide Deck” . Random House . Retrieved 2012-05-23 .
- Jump up^ “The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks” . Random House . October 6, 2009 . Retrieved 2009-05-22 .
- Jump up^ “Max Brooks Zombie World” . Random House . 2008-09-17.
- Jump up^ Langley, Nick. (November, 2008). Max Brooks, Mao Tse Tung, and the Mystery of the Missing Snapple. Retrieved March 15, 2009 from Rocket Llama World Headquarters
- Jump up^ “Max Brooks talks The Zombie Survival Guide , Recorded Attacks and World War Zmovies” . 2010-10-29 . Retrieved 2011-07-14 .
- Jump up^ ” The Zombie Survival Guide on The Internet Movie Database” . Retrieved 2011-07-14 .
- Jump up^ “Max Brooks confirms The Zombie Survival Guide movies!” . 2010-07-20 . Retrieved 2014-03-05 .
- Jump up^ Littlejohn, Georgina (2011-04-07). “It’s too loud daddy!” . Daily Mail . London . Retrieved 2011-07-14 .
- Jump up^ ” The Zombie Survival Guide on The Internet Movie Database” . Retrieved 2014-03-05 .