Trapped is a 2016 Indian Hindi-language survival film drama directed by Vikramaditya Motwane . The film stars Rajkummar Rao , whose character is shut in an uninhabited Mumbaiapartment. It was shot in Mumbai in 2016. 
The film premiered in the Mumbai Film Festival  on October 26, 2016. It was praised and received a standing ovation .  The film was released theatrically on March 17, 2017 to universal critical acclaim.  
Shaurya ( Rajkummar Rao ) and his girlfriend Noorie ( Geetanjali Thapa ) plan to get married, get married. Shaurya currently lives in a bachelor pad, so he makes plans to move to a new flat that will accommodate himself and Noorie. In a hurry to find affordable housing, it ends up moving into a new high rise apartment complex, which is empty due to building and legal issues. The lone security guard stationed at the building is unaware that Shaurya has already moved in, and no longer has.
The next morning, Shaurya accidentally locked himself inside the apartment. He makes some initial attempts to break open the lock goal, fails. The apartment has faulty wiring which leads to the circuit getting tripped, leaving him without electricity, and so his phone runs out of battery before he can call for help. Shaurya, now totally disconnected with outside world, struggles to survive without food, water and electricity. As days pass by, he is progressively becoming more claustrophobic, and his attempts to escape become more extreme. At one point, he uses his own blood to trace the words “HELP” with details of his address on a cardboard paper, which falls on the terrace of a house nearby. The apartment’s resident, Swati ( Khushboo Upadhyay) questions the clueless watchman about it, who claims that the building is empty above. She hesitantly starts to go up, but gives up soon.
Desperate for food, Shaurya resorts to eating cockroaches , ants and pigeons , and also starts talking to a rat for company. To his relief, it rains heavily after some days He manages to survive for a week, but his physical and mental health starts to deteriorate due to starvation, dehydration, and isolation.
In a final, desperate attempt to escape, Shaurya begins with a metal sheet, and finally succeeds. He climbs down five floors, almost falling off many times due to exhaustion. He manages to reach the floor and has no balcony. Shaurya is suffering from weakness and fatigue, and is rushed to the hospital. One week later, he is visited by Noorie, who reveals that she is now married since she thought that Shaurya had abandoned her. Heartbroken and traumatized by the incident Shaurya tries to return to his normal life, but he is sure to see that his friends and colleagues have not even noticed his absence, as they are all too busy in their own world.
- Rajkummar Rao as Shaurya
- Geetanjali Thapa as Noorie
- Khushboo Upadhyay as Swati
The movie bagged the award for ‘Best Asian Film’ by Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival in 2017.  
- Jump up^ “Vikramaditya Motwane’s Next Movie, ‘Trapped’, To Have Its World Premiere At MAMI” . Retrieved 21 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Naman Ramachandran (12 October 2016). “Mumbai Festival Opens New Spotlight Category With ‘Trapped ‘ ” . Variety .
- Jump up^ “Vikramaditya Motwane’s ‘Trapped’ opens to standing ovation at MAMI – Times of India” . Retrieved 21 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Kumar, Pawan (15 March 2017). “Trapped 2017 Movie Review: A Factual Thriller You Should not Miss” .
- Jump up^ “Trapped Movie Trailer Details” . Retrieved 22 February 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival | NIFFF | The swiss event for fantastic film, asian cinema and digital creation” . NIFFF . Retrieved 2017-08-07 .
- Jump up^ Trapped , retrieved 2017-08-07