A tent is a floor for the purpose of pitching one or more tents upon. Typically, it is a wooden deck near a hikers’ trail that provides the hikers a clean and even place to sleep. It can also prevent the encroachment of trampling down the surrounding vegetation . Many campsites have tent platforms.   Mountaineers Sometimes build tent platforms In Their base camp from materials Such As pebble snow gold.
There are roofed , suspended, floating, stacked or portable tent platforms. There are tent platforms mounted on top of automobiles , which support roof tents .   Large-sized commercial or military tents often stand on flooring systems , which are widely-sized tent platforms. 
- Jump up^ “Accessibility Guidebook for Outdoor Recreation and Trails” . United States Forest Service . Retrieved 31 October 2013 .
- Jump up^ Catharine Wells; Aaron Starmer; Timothy Starmer (June 1, 2007). The Best in Camping Tent: New York State: A Guide for Car Campers Who Hates RVs, Concrete Slabs, and Portable Loud Stereos . Menasha Ridge Press. pp. 47-. ISBN 978-0-89732-641-4 .
- Jump up^ Boy Scouts of America, Inc. (June 1967). Boys’ Life . Boy Scouts of America, Inc. pp. 34-. ISSN 0006-8608 .
- Jump up^ Bonnier Corporation (January 1937). Popular Science . Bonnier Corporation. pp. 38-. ISSN 0161-7370 .
- Jump up^ Doug Matthews (23 May 2012). Special Event Production: The Resources . Routledge. pp. 288-. ISBN 978-1-136-36545-4 .