Naked and Afraid is an American reality series that airs on the Discovery Channel . The seventh season premiered Sunday March 5, 2017.   Each episode chronicles the lives of two survivors (1 man; 1 woman) who meet for the first time and are given the task of surviving a stay in the wilderness naked for 21 days.   After they meet in the local assignment, the partners must find and / or produce water, food, shelter, and clothing within the environment.
The events of each couple’s play in a single episode. Partners strip down and meet each other. They are provided with a rough cross-body satchels containing a personal diary / camera-for a camera which is not there at night and a map, which is always placed in the picture of the female partner. They all wear a necklace that has a microphone that has a wire that connects to a wireless audio transmitter hidden in the satchel. Some personal jewelry is allowed. Each survivalist is allowed to bring a helpful item, such as a hatchet or a fire starter.  There is a camera crew who are not allowed to intervene except for medical emergencies when it is “absolutely necessary”. Castmate Alison Teal reports that she was granted an “emergency” stamp.At the beginning, the survivors were given a third “surprise” item. A team is allowed to “tap out” at any point during the 21-day challenge. If they do not tap out, they must arrive at a suitable location to the environment. The time and the temperature. Naked and Afraid computes And Then updates the cast members’ PSR (Primitive Survival Rating), qui est person based on predictions and observations of survival fitness in skill, experience, and mental Strengths. Before and after weight measurements are also revealed at the end of an episode. 
The production is home to the United States (the Louisiana Bayou , Florida [( Everglades and Seminole County )] and Alabama ) used as the locations. Panama was used as a setting in the first and fifth seasons, Nicaragua was also used twice a year. Like the first season, the second season visited six countries as well, using Malaysia as a setting once again (Season 1 shot on the Malaysian Borneo , while Season 2’s survivors were stranded in Peninsular Malaysia ).
|Continent||Rentals (season number)|
|africa||Botswana (3), Madagascar (2), Namibia (3, 5), South Africa (7), Tanzania (1)|
|asia||Cambodia (3), India (3, 4), Malaysia (1, 2), Maldives (1), Philippines (5, 6), Thailand (4, 6)|
|Europe||Croatia (6, 8)|
|North America||Bahamas (3, 8), Belize (2, 5, 6, 7, 8), Canada (6), Costa Rica (1), Dominica (3), Honduras (6), Mexico (4), Montserrat (7) , Nicaragua (3, 4, 6), Panama (1, 5, 7), United States (1, 4, 6, 7, 8)|
|South America||Argentina (3), Bolivia (2), Brazil (3, 6), Colombia (4, 7), Ecuador (7, 8), Guyana (4), Peru (2), Trinidad and Tobago (7)|
|oceania||Australia (6, 7), Fiji (2)|
On July 31, 2013, the Discovery Channel posted a casting call and dared to “survive the 21-day challenge” via their Twitter account. 
Naked After Dark
After the success of the live talk show Shark after dark , the aired naked after dark in season two, which aired after each new episode. Host Josh Wolf Talked with Castaways from the recently aired episode, Showed behind-the-scenes and never before seen episode footage and in-studio HAS stunts.  It aired for 1 season with 6 episodes.
Starting in June 2014, Discovery started airing special versions of the show with “Pop-Up” text. These graphics shed light on the world and the survivors with interesting and often humorous factoids. These shows premiere on Wednesday nights. 
By the time of the 2015 season premiere, Brian Moylan of the Guardian called the “best reality show on television” as it “takes the outrageousness of other reality genres, but applies it to celebrate human strength and fortitude rather than exploiting the frailty narcissism of those who just want to be noticed. ” 
Review of the premiere in 2013, Brian Lowry of Variety found Naked and Afraid to be “typical of the genre, but it’s still kind of a laughable kick, if only for how seriously the show itself.”  Melissa Camacho of Common Sense Media , and David Hinckley of the New York Daily News , gave the show 3 out of 5 stars.  
Mike Hale of the New York Times. Expression of the dangers of being exposed to the reality of the world. he’d have expected. Hale also was impressed with the interaction between the two participants, whose personalities he found uninteresting, stating that he found the snake bite suffered by the field producer shown in the beginning of the episode to be more riveting. 
Discovery Channel issued a press release which announces Nielsen ratings milestones for the series. Naked And Afraid was the “# 1 Ad-Supported program in cable among men on Sunday, July 28.” They also noted that the program now shares the Discovery Channel record for the highest-rated survival telecast in the network’s history since June 2009.  Danielle Beauchemin is the first to complete the 21-day and 40-day challenges on a vegan diet .  The “Surthrive” episode in season 4, featuring Bo Stuart and Debbie Harris is the highest rated episode in the history of the show. 
- Naked and Afraid XL
- Marooned with Ed Stafford
- Ed Stafford: Into The Unknown
- Walking the Amazon
- Survival skills television shows
- Jump up^ Bonin, Liane (May 28, 2013). “Discovery reveals even more with bare peers on ‘Naked & Afraid ‘ ” . HitFix . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Bibel, Sara (May 28, 2013). ” ‘ Naked & Afraid’ to Premiere Sunday, June 23 on Discovery” . TV by the Numbers . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Kurp, Josh (April 7, 2013). ” ‘ Naked And Afraid’ Star Explains How She Caught Fish With Her ‘Private Parts ‘ ” . UPROXX . Retrieved July 6,2013 .
- Jump up^ Kaplan, Don (April 5, 2013). “Discovery Channel bares all with upcoming ‘Naked’ shows” . Daily News . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ ” ” Naked and Afraid “producer:” We Did not Develop the show to be exploitative, ever “Executive producer Denise Contis defends the premise of” Naked & Afraid ” ” .
- Jump up^ “IMA: I’m Alison Teal from Discovery Channel’s Naked and Afraid and Alison’s Adventures – AMA ;-)” . Reddit.
- Jump up^ “Naked & Afraid review” . Variety.
- Jump up^ “Twitter Discovery” . July 31, 2013.
- Jump up^ Bibel, Sara (March 24, 2014). ” ‘ Naked After Dark’ Hosted by Josh Wolf to Premiere Sunday, March 16 is Discovery” . TV by the Numbers . Retrieved March 7, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Discovery.com
- Jump up^ The Guardian
- Jump up^ Lowry, Brian (June 21, 2013). “Review:” Naked & Afraid ” ” . Variety .
- Jump up^ “Naked and Afraid” . Common Sense Media . Retrieved June 23, 2013.
- Jump up^ Hinckley, David (June 21, 2013). “Two strangers test out their survival skills on Discovery Channel’s new reality show ‘Naked and Afraid ‘ ” . Daily News .
- Jump up^ Hale, Mike (June 21, 2013). “They Did not Pack Sunscreen, or Anything Else” . The New York Times .
- Jump up^ Kondolojy, Amanda (July 30, 2013). “Discovery Channel’s ‘Naked and Afraid’ is the # 1 Ad Supported Program in Cable Among Men on Sunday July 28” . TV by the Numbers (Press release).
- Jump up^ Realitywanted.com
- Jump up^ “Naked and Afraid (2013-)” . tv-shows.prettyfamous.com . Retrieved 2016-04-01 .