Eden is a 2015 drama thriller film directed by Shyam Madiraju.  The film stars Ethan Peck , Nate Parker , Jessica Lowndes , Diego Boneta , James Remar , and Sung Kang . 
The story is about a United States men’s national soccer team plane that crashes off an uninhabited Malaysian tropical island after a FIFA World Cup match. After crash, several players and crew are dead. They find themselves in the most dire of circumstances with limited resources, dwindling food supply and no longer coming soon.
Team spirit evaporates the disagreements cause the group to separate into factions – a violent one lead by an Andreas, and a compassionate one led by a Slim.
- Nate Parker as Slim
- Ethan Peck as Andreas
- Diego Boneta as Arnie
- Jessica Lowndes as Elena
- Sung Kang as Connie
- Mario Casas as Felix
- Rob Mayes as Markese
- James Remar as Coach DaFoe
- Eugene Simon as Kennefick
- Joey Pollari as Georgie
- Leore Hayon as Eva
Parker presented the idea to Hernany Perla at Lionsgate Films . The two collaborated on the idea of William Morris Endeavor sought Mark Mavrothalasitis to write a screenplay. Parker directed a teaser in order to seek funding for the movie prior to June 2013 When Ethan Peck, Diego Boneta and Nate Parker Were attached to the project.  The North American distribution rights were acquired by Vertical Entertainment in February 2015.  Voltage Pictures handled international distribution rights at the 2015 Berlin Film Festival . 
The film was made with limited negative reviews. As of February 2016 , the movie does not have an official score at Metacritic because 4 reviews are required. Both of the film’s Metacritic reviewers (Michael Rechtshaffen of the Los Angeles Times and Chris Packham of The Village Voice ) gave the film a score of 30 out of 100.  Nick Schager of International Film Journal used terms like “insufferable”, “third- rate “and” hellish “to summarize the movie and describe its actors as” lousy “. 
- Jump up^ Rechtshaffen, Michael (September 17, 2015). “Review Best to vote the hackneyed ‘Eden’ off the island . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved February 16, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c McNary, Dave (February 5, 2015). “Berlin: Vertical Buys Ethan Peck-Nate Parker’s Thriller ‘Eden ‘ ” . Variety . Retrieved February 16, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Kit Borys (June 27, 2013). “Ethan Peck, Diego Boneta, Nate Parker to Star in Thriller Survival ‘Eden’ (Exclusive)” . The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved February 16, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Eden” . Metacritic . Retrieved February 16, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Schager, Nick (September 14, 2015). “Film Review: Eden” . International Newspaper . Retrieved February 16, 2016 .