After the Wind: 1996 Everest Tragedy – One Survivor’s Story is a book by Lou Kasischke that details his experiences as a customer on Rob Hall’s expedition during the 1996 Mount Everest tragedy . The accident killed eight climbers -including the Hall of the expedition-and remained the worst climbing accident on Everest until the 2014 Mount Everest avalanche . The book features 55 illustrations by Jane Cardinal and was published in 2014 by Good Hart Publishing.
Kasischke waited 16 years to release After the Wind . The book focuses on the events leading up to the ascent, Kasischke’s experiences on the mountain, and his motivation for turning around 400 feet from the summit, Sandy.
Using the analytical skills acquired from his many years as a corporate attorney, Kasischke also offers a fresh analysis of how the tragedy unfolded and the decisions-both individual and collective-that contributed to it. Though Kasischke Avoids blaming Any single person for the tragedy, he does score que la presence of journalist Jon Krakauer May-have Caused guide Rob Hall , Whose Adventure Consultants business Was in competition with Scott Fischer ‘s Mountain Madness , to take uncharacteristic Risks on the mountain in a effort to get as many customers as possible to get to the top of the page
After the Wind received reviews from critics. Kirkus Reviews gave the book a starred review,  describing it as “a vivid, intimate memoir that, with great clarity and attention to detail,” said an unforgettable survival story. “Blue Ink Reviews the book a” thoughtful, well- “Everyday life” and “The love of the sea”.  It was also nominated for the 2014 Kirkus Prize for non-fiction and was a finalist for Eric Hoffer’s Grand Prize and First Horizon Book Awards. 
- Gold Medal: Benjamin Franklin Book Award , Best New Voice in Nonfiction 
- Medal Bronze: Foreword Reviews’ Book Of The Year Award: Adventure 
- Winner: New York Book Festival, Memoir 
- Winner: National Indie Excellence Book Award, Adventure and Memoir 
- 1st Runner-Up: The Eric Hoffer Book Award for Independent Books, Memoir 
- Winner: Unbound Best Shelf Independently Published Book 
- Bronze Medal: The Independent Publishers Association Book Award , Sports 
Books and movies
- Into Thin Air , a 1997 book by Jon Krakauer .
- The Climb , 1997 book by Anatoli Boukreev .
- Into Thin Air: Death on Everest , a 1997 TV movie.
- Everest , a 2015 movie.
- List of media related to Mount Everest
- Mount Mount Everest
- Jump up^ Lou Kasischke. “AFTER THE WIND” . Kirkus Reviews . Retrieved 14 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ http://www.blueinkreview.com/book-reviews/after-the-wind-1996-everest-tragedy-one-survivors-story/
- Jump up^ “Eric Hoffer Book Award – First Horizon Short List” . hofferaward.com . Retrieved 14 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “IBPA 2015 Benjamin Franklin Awards ™ Winners and Finalists” . IBPA . Retrieved 14 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “2014 Winners in Adventure & Recreation (Adult Nonfiction) – Foreword Reviews ‘INDIEFAB Book of the Year Awards’ . Foreword Reviews . Retrieved 14 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “New York Book Festival: 2015 Winners list” . brinkster.net . Retrieved 14 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Indie Excellence® Awards 2015 Winners” . indieexcellence.com . Retrieved 14 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Eric Hoffer Book Award – Winners Book Award” . hofferaward.com . Retrieved 21 December 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Media Shelf Group V2 – Pages – Public” . shelfmediagroup.com . Retrieved 14 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Independent Publisher: THE Voice of the Independent Publishing Industry” . Independent Publisher – feature . Retrieved 14 September 2015 .